Oracle integrates Transportation Management 6.1 with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0
Seamless integration lowers transportation costs, reduces operational inefficiencies and drives higher service levels.
in the NewsState of Logistics 2016: Pursue mutual benefit December Cass Freight Index report shows continued signs of improvement Future of domestic manufacturing and transportation infrastructure go hand in hand Vanderlande appoints Remo Brunschwiler as new CEO Diesel prices fall for first time in seven weeks, reports EIA More News
Extending its best-in-class logistics and transportation management capabilities, Oracle has announced the integration of Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0.
The seamless integration of Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 allows customers to benefit from a single platform designed to lower transportation costs, reduce operational inefficiencies and drive higher services levels.
The integrated platform optimizes shipment planning and load consolidation, automates manual processes such as freight payment and supports collaborative decision making by enhancing visibility across the supply chain.
“Logistics and transportation management is an incredibly complex area that presents many different challenges for organizations as they try to optimize their supply chains,” said Derek Gittoes, Oracle vice president of logistics product strategy. “The integration of the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne addresses these challenges by seamlessly unifying best-in-class capabilities on a single platform. The combination will help customers simplify and streamline management which in turn will lower costs, reduce inefficiencies and improve decision making.”
Oracle customers can now take advantage of pre-defined integrations to support complex transportation planning for sales orders, purchase orders, freight payment and audit, and the associated master data management required to synchronize applications.
By enabling customers to streamline transportation planning, execution and freight payment on a single best-in-class platform, the integration drives ROI and reduces the total cost of ownership.
Best-in-Class Logistics and Transportation Management Capabilities
The integration enables joint customers to benefit from the expended capabilities included in Oracle Transportation Management 6.1:
• Extensions to sourcing, planning, execution, financial settlement and visibility across all modes of transportation.
• Extension of the multimodal capabilities supported for transportation sourcing by addressing complex ocean bids as well as accessorials for both truck and ocean.
• Expansion of Oracle Fleet Management with new capabilities that help reduce transportation costs and improve equipment utilization by enhancing the planning and optimization engine for solving complex fleet planning scenarios.
• The introduction of new business intelligence capabilities and additional dashboard reports to drive process efficiency and help measure and monitor ‘green’ metrics such as CO2 Emissions, NOX Emissions and Total Fuel Consumption.
• The addition of Oracle Global Trade Management which supports the import-export compliance needs of companies engaged in global trade.
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve productivity in their plants and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!