ProMat 2013: Knowledge Center to host 90+ free educational sessions
Think you know everything there is to know about how materials handling makes the supply chain work? Not so, according to the folks conducting the 90-plus free educational sessions located in the ProMat 2013 Knowledge Center. The sessions run in eight separate theaters from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, and on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“The On-Floor Seminars are presented by industry experts in material handling and logistics solutions,” said Amy Cunningham, manager of ProMat’s educational seminars. “It’s a superb opportunity for attendees to be educated on the latest material handing technologies from exhibitors, industry groups and research institutions.”
Topics range from best practices reviews to maintenance to metrics. Detailed abstracts of each session, with key takeaways for attendees, are included in both the show program and in a special seminar directory booklet. Only a few of the sessions run twice. Each theater holds 100 participants, and it’s first-come/first-served with no standing room allowed, added Cunningham.
Additionally, several industry groups will be presenting the latest insights into their technologies. These sessions typically feature three panelists from different companies discussing new developments, applications and uses for the equipment represented by their group. “These industry group sessions always generate lot of interest and high attendance levels,” Cunningham said.
Industry group sessions are as follows:
Monday January 21
• “KPIs for Maximizing Goods-to-Person Investment,” presented by the Integrated Systems and Controls Council, 12:45 to 1:30 p.m., Theater D.
• “Can You Turn Your Green Conveyor and Sortation Initiatives Into Greenbacks?,” presented by Conveyor and Sortation Systems, 1:30 to 2:15 p.m., Theater I.
• “The 21st Century Warehouse: Automation Prepared For The Future,” presented by the Automation Alliance, 2:15 to 3:00 p.m., Theater F.
• “Rack Storage - Fitness Through The Life-Cycle,” presented by the Rack Manufacturers Institute, 3:00 to 3:45 p.m., Theater C.
• “Industrial Work Platforms, Equipment Platforms and Mezzanines,” presented by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association, 3:45 to 4:30 p.m., Theater H.
Tuesday January 22
• “Multi-Channel Retailing: Upgrading Your Order Fulfillment Systems,” presented by Order Fulfillment Solutions, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Theater I.
• “Are Automatic Guided Vehicles Right For You? Customer Case Studies of Successful AGV Applications,” presented by Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems, 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Theater F.
• “Optimized Wave Picking and Sortation: Beyond Connecting The Dots,” presented by the Integrated Systems & Controls Council, 12:45 to 1:30 p.m., Theater B.
• “Bridging Technologies Using Singulation and Sortation,” presented by Conveyor and Sortation Systems, 2:15 to 3:00 p.m., Theater F.
• “AS/RS Revolution – Six Steps To Selecting The Right AS/RS For Your Business,” presented by Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, 3:45 to 4:30 p.m., Theater H.
Wednesday January 23
• “Multi-Channel Retail Order Fulfillment Solutions,” presented by Order Fulfillment Solutions, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Theater E.
• “Top 10 Reasons To Automate,” presented by the Automation Alliance, 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Theater B.
• “Using Metrics and SCE Systems To Drive Performance Improvement,” presented by Supply Chain Execution Systems & Technologies Group, 12:00 to 12:45 p.m., Theater E.
• “Industrial Shelving, Shop Furniture, Drawer Storage and Cabinetry,” presented by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association, 12:00 to 12:45 p.m., Theater I.
• “Casters: Do They Matter? Making The Right Decision,” presented by Institute of Caster and Wheel Manufacturers, 12:45 to 1:30 p.m., Theater D.
• “6 Reasons For Small And Medium Companies To Implement Order Picking Carousels and VLMs,” presented by Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, 12:45 to 1:30 p.m., Theater H.
• “How To Calculate Carbon Footprints: A Wood Pallet Example,” presented by College Industry Council on Material Handling Education, 1:30 to 2:15 p.m., Theater G.
• “Warehouse Management Systems As Engines of Organizational Change,” presented by Association of Professional Material Handling Consultants, 2:15 to 3:00 p.m., Theater B.
• “Rack Storage - Specification, Standards, Codes and Certification Protocols,” presented by Rack Manufacturers Institute, 2:15 to 3:00 p.m., Theater D.
If you miss a session, or can’t decide between two being held at the same time, you can still view and hear the content later. All of the PowerPoint presentations will be captured in PDF format and synchronized in a Flash file with audio recordings of each session. These files will be posted to http://www.promatshow.com after the conclusion of ProMat.
ProMat 2013 is scheduled to be held January 21-24, 2013 in Chicago’s McCormick Place South. The tradeshow will showcase the latest manufacturing, distribution and supply chain solutions in the material handling and logistics industry. Modern’s complete ProMat 2013 coverage.