Reusable Packaging Association Hosting Education Conference at Modex 2012
As part of its ongoing effort to build stronger working relationships with other key industry associations, the Reusable Packaging Association will host a Reusables Conference at the new MODEX show in Atlanta, GA, February 6 – 8, 2012.
MODEX 2012, hosted by the Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA), will be one of the largest expositions for manufacturing, distribution and supply chain solutions in the Americas in 2012. Over 500 exhibitors from industry, commerce and government will display their supply chain efficiency solutions on the 150,000 square foot show floor. The show is designed to offer supply chain efficiency solutions, learning opportunities and information by showcasing the products and services of these leading providers.
RPA will be one of the education partners participating in MODEX 2012. It will host a conference titled, “Reusable Packaging – Efficient, Cost Effective and Sustainable Solutions for Today’s Supply Chains”. The three-hour program will be Monday, February 6, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. It is designed to help those who are new to reusable packaging as well as those who have already incorporated reusable strategies to make more informed decisions about the broad range of transport packaging solutions available to help them improve their supply chain operations. Topics include:
* Reusable packaging and its beneficial impact on operations
* Assessing the opportunities for reusable solutions
* Financial implications of developing and managing a reusable packaging systems
* Successfully preparing for and managing the change in business operations
* Best practices for managing reusable packaging assets
The seminar is based on a larger curriculum being developed by the Reusable Packaging Association to help supply chain professionals:
* Increase their understanding of the process necessary for successful integration of reusable solutions
* Detail the critical steps needed to manage valuable reusable assets in differing supply chain scenarios
* Assess the impact of their strategies on the environment
The curriculum is supported with funds made available to StopWaste.Org through a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Climate Showcase Communities program.
The MODEX Educational Conference will include keynote speakers and more than 70 supplier-led seminars providing a one-of-a-kind conference setting that offers practical solutions and insights geared to improving today’s supply chains.