Warehouse Execution Software Breathes New Life into DC Operations
Which is right for you: WMS or WCS? Maybe the answer is WES.
In warehouses around the world, the lines between WMS and WCS are blurring more and more each day. As they encroach further upon each other’s previously well-defined roles, the question of which one is “right” is becoming very difficult to answer. Increasingly, the real-time needs of automated facilities have demanded more business process logic in the WCS layer, and thus emerges a new breed of offering - warehouse execution software (WES).
Standing at the forefront of this evolution and building on an unmatched knowledge of warehouse operations, FORTE has developed the Smart Warehouse Suite™ WES.
The white paper “Warehouse Execution Software Breathes New Life into DC Operations” examines how this next-generation modular software platform delivers these six benefits:
- Significantly lower cost than upgrading or customizing WMS
- Seamless integration with existing software
- No noteworthy interference in the upgrade path for existing software/systems
- A more agile means to obtain the functionality while offering simple expandability
- Lower risk, since the core monolithic systems are not modified
- Dramatically reduced implementation time
Download the white paper, “Warehouse Execution Software Breathes New Life into DC Operations,” to learn more.