Datalogic introduces the Skorpio X4 mobile computer
Skorpio X4 mobile computer represents the next generation of the highly-successful Skorpio mobile computer line from Datalogic.
Datalogic in the NewsDatalogic and Brother Mobile Solutions expand alliance DS5100 laser scanner from Datalogic: performance at any operating conditions Top 20 Automatic Data Capture Suppliers of 2017 Success Story: KeyFood increases bottom-line profits with Datalogic Falcon X3+ Datalogic introduces the Skorpio X4 mobile computer More Datalogic News
Datalogic, a global leader in automatic data capture and industrial automation markets, is proud to announce the Skorpio™ X4 mobile computer representing the next generation of the highly-successful Skorpio mobile computer line from Datalogic. This rugged mobile computer is especially suitable for mobile commerce solutions in the retail environment both in-store and back-end receiving.
“Datalogic has designed this next generation Skorpio mobile computer to allow full compatibility with the previous Skorpio X3 accessories and with existing WinCE applications enabling customers to protect their previous investments,” states Tom Burke, VP Mobile Product Marketing. “We provide an easy migration path to Android™ models reflecting the recent Enterprise trends.”
The Skorpio X4 mobile computer is equipped with the largest high-visibility 3.2 inch color touchscreen in its class, allowing users to work more efficiently. This rugged mobile computer presents the best ergonomics on the market, effectively reducing operator fatigue with no compromise in terms of reliability and robustness.
This mobile computer’s wireless communications capabilities (802.11 a/b/g/n) enables speedy transmission of data, while the new MIMO antennas provide extended coverage. Bluetooth® v4 short range wireless technology provides support for the new low energy mode (BLE).
The Skorpio X4 mobile computer is available in a 1D or 2D model. The 1D version integrates an innovative linear imager featuring a green scan line that generates crisp aiming with reading performance that exceeds most laser based devices. The white illumination, megapixel 2D imager provides excellent reading range for both 1D and 2D symbologies.
Additional key elements of the Skorpio X4 mobile computer include:
- High performance architecture with 3x CPU speeds and 7x memory read/write as compared to Skorpio X3 mobile computer
- TI OMAP4 @1GHz, 1GB RAM, 8 GB Flash (all models)
- IP64 rating with a 1.8 m / 6ft drop spec
- Handheld or Pistol-grip form factor, with attachable/removable handle
- Backward compatibility with existing Win CE applications
- Three keyboards for maximum efficiency: 50-key alphanumeric keypad; 38 key functional keypad; 28 key numeric keypad
- Patented ‘Green Spot’ technology for good read feedback
- Datalogic SoftSpot™ technology for a customizable soft trigger
- Wide Band Audio for improved speech recognition (Android only)
- Choice of Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 or Android v4.4 operating systems
- WEC7 units include
- Wavelink®Avalanche™ pre-installed and pre-licensed
- Wavelink TelenetCE pre-installed and pre-licensed on Pistol Grip units
- Pal™ pre-installed
- Upgradable to Android 4.4
The Skorpio X4 mobile computer is an excellent fit for a broad span of applications including inventory/picking, shelf replenishment, price management, order entry, assisted sales, line busting and shipping/receiving. Please contact your designated sales representative for further information for this new, exciting product.
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve productivity in their plants and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Modern’s System Report: Robots at GEODIS ProMat 2019 to showcase record number of exhibitors, 45,000+ attendees View More From this Issue