Modex: 36% of attendees plan on spending $1 million+ on manufacturing and solutions
Modex attendees primarily come to see new products and services (82%) and to network and learn (63%).
in the NewsUncertainty surrounds fine print of new, trilateral North American free trade deal FedEx set to acquire Manton Air-Sea Pty Ltd. Other Voices: Planning and technology can reduce disaster risk iWarehouse wins 2018 MHEFI Exceptional Contribution Award ALAN issues 25 urgent requests to support ongoing Michael, Florence recovery More News
Modex 2014 attendees are registering in record numbers and they are ready to invest in material handling, logistics supply chain equipment and systems. According to registration figures released ahead of the show, a full 36% have spending plans of $1,000,000 or more over the next 18 months. An additional 30% plan to spend between $100,000 and $500,000 over the same period.
“Registrations are higher in quantity and quality compared to Modex 2012,” said George Prest, CEO of MHI. “We are extremely excited about the Modex attendee profile at this early stage. This event will be the broadest material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and technology display of any show of its kind in North America.”
Modex attendees are senior professionals in manufacturing and the supply chain, with 34% coming from the C-suite, 20% are SVP and VP level and 25% coming from middle management. More than 88% have buying authority with 52% buying equipment and systems for manufacturing facilities, 53% for warehouses supporting manufacturing and 68% for distribution centers. Modex attendees primarily come to see new products and services (82%) and to network and learn (63%).
Attendees have indicated a broad array of interest in specific solutions including:
● 54% are interested in purchasing Conveyor & Sortation Equipment
● 51% are interested in purchasing Racks, Shelving, Storage Equipment & Shop Furniture
● 49% are interested in purchasing Fork Lift Trucks & Other Mobile & Wheeled Handling Equipment
● 35% are interested in purchasing Automation Equipment (AGVS, AS/RS & Robotics)
● 43% are interested in purchasing Packaging, Labeling, Shipping, Weighing & Cubing
● 40% are interested in purchasing Ergonomics & Safety Equipment
● 40% are interested in purchasing Automatic Identification & Data Collection/Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
● 36% are interested in purchasing Pallets & Containers
● 36% are interested in purchasing Software Systems for Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics
● 36% are interested in purchasing Loading Dock Equipment
● 30% are interested in purchasing Information Systems & Controls
● 29% are interested in purchasing Overhead Material Handling & Lifting Equipment (Cranes, Hoists, Monorail)
● 29% are interested in purchasing Batteries, Chargers, Motors, Fuel, Alternative Fuel Systems
● 27% are interested in purchasing Work Positioning Equipment
● 21% are interested in purchasing Third Party Logistics/Transportation Services
● 20% are interested in purchasing Systems Integrators/Consulting
● 15% are interested in purchasing Sustainable Facility Equipment (HVAC, Lighting, Solar, Wind)
● 15% are interested in purchasing Software Systems for Manufacturing
● 10% are interested in purchasing Power Transmission Equipment
Modex 2014 is the industry’s newest expo for the manufacturing and supply chain industries. It’s where the best and brightest thinkers in the supply chain gather to discuss the trends of today and the challenges of tomorrow. At Modex you will meet 800 of the leading providers and see their solutions.
Modex 2014 is scheduled to be held March 17-20, 2014 in Atlanta’s Georgia World Conference Center. The tradeshow will showcase the latest manufacturing, distribution and supply chain solutions in the material handling and logistics industry. Modern’s complete Modex 2014 coverage.
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve productivity in their plants and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!
New order fulfillment system optimizes spare parts operation Upgrade to LED industrial lighting creates cost savings View More From this Issue