Reusable Packaging Association committees outline goals and action items
2015 programs established for five committees: Education, Marketing and Communications, Membership, Industry Affairs and Standards, and End User Advisory Committee.
Equipment in the NewsAMT U.S. Manufacturing Technology Order Report: December dip caps off strong 2018 Combilift Combi-PPT nominated for 2019 IFOY Award Katherine Ross appointed to Voxware Board of Directors CEMA: December 2018 shipments up 43.8% compared to December 2017 sales Rack and shelving market reaching new highs More Equipment News
Equipment ResourceCustom Dock Lift For Stage Level Receiving Dock lifts are used for safe and efficient loading and unloading of goods and materials.
“Our committees play an important role in creating and executing tactics that educate and benefit the reusables community as a whole, and that strengthen the RPA’s leadership in the industry,” said Hillary Femal, RPA chair and vice president of global marketing, IFCO Systems. “We are fortunate to have a broad membership that brings a lot of expertise and energy to the association. We’re excited to get more people involved in our committees and create new programs and value in 2015.”
The five RPA committees are: Education, Marketing and Communications, Membership, Industry Affairs and Standards, and End User Advisory Committee.
The committee’s charter is to strengthen RPA’s position as the recognized expert on reusable packaging solutions. The chair is Brian Burich, manager, customer support team, Americas, at Schoeller Allibert. Key elements of the committee’s 2015 program include:
● Deliver strong value for attendees at the Reusable Packaging Forum April 27-28.
● Drive great content for the RPA’s Reusables Learning Center at 2015 Pack Expo Las Vegas.
● Collaborate with academic institutions to increase awareness of reusable packaging.
● Identify and develop a core reusable packaging curriculum program.
Marketing and Communications
The committee is tasked with articulating and promoting the value of the RPA, its interests, and its programs. The chair is Lisa Nikkila, senior manager of marketing at CHEP Container Solutions. Top initiatives for 2015 include:
● Increase visibility for the benefits of reusables through social and traditional media outlets, and the RPA website.
● Host RPA’s 4th Annual Excellence in Reusable Packaging Award Program.
● Launch the RPA’s new online “Connected Community”.
The committee’s charter is to strengthen membership and association resources. The chair is Samantha Goetz, marketing communications manager for Orbis Corporation. The committee’s objectives for 2015 include:
● Increase the number of supplier and end user members in the association.
● Implement the new RPA interactive membership directory that will help visitors to the website easily find companies that manufacture the product or provide the service that meets their specific needs.
● Increase member involvement in the association.
● Explore new opportunities for member networking events.
Industry Affairs and Standards
Members of this committee focus on promoting the value of reusables in the marketplace. The chair is Michael Ellis, director of supply chain development, IFCO Systems. Key elements of the committee’s 2015 program include:
● Publish and promote the RPC Food Safety Guidelines.
● Assess the potential to partner with industry associations.
End User Advisory Committee
This committee provides guidance and feedback to the RPA on issues and trends effecting end users. The chair is Cindy Doman, packaging engineer at Herman Miller. The committee’s objectives for 2015 include:
● Provide end-user input on issues that most impact the adoption or refinement of reusable packaging systems.
● Make recommendations on programs and services that would benefit users of reusable/returnable packaging systems.
● Recruit new end user members.
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve productivity in their plants and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Modern’s System Report: Robots at GEODIS ProMat 2019 to showcase record number of exhibitors, 45,000+ attendees View More From this Issue