Manufacturing Day: 2,716 events from Hawaii to Alaska to Puerto Rico
Events to be scheduled throughout the month, so the remaining 249,185 manufacturing firms in the United States have time.
Warehouse in the NewsPMMI announces inaugural On the Rise award winners Packaging Corner: Automatic bulk bag filling Kinedyne celebrates 50th anniversary The Power of the Put Wall – Seamless Omnichannel Fulfillment Service operations replace paper with visibility More Warehouse News
Warehouse ResourceThe Power of the Put Wall – Seamless Omnichannel Fulfillment The next generation of put wall technology will enable customizable configurations to address the challenges of SKU proliferation and changing product and order profiles.
Manufacturing Day is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers.
Manufacturing Day occurs on the first Friday in October, but although it is officially Oct. 6, organizers emphasize that companies and community organizations should plan events on the date in October that works best for them. All events should be registered on the site and can be marked as public or invitation-only events.
Registered event hosts have access to free event planning and execution resources and toolkits.
In celebration of Manufacturing Day, we at Modern have assembled some of the headlines to come out of the sixth annual event:
- ISA and Automation Federation offer resources for yearlong Manufacturing Day events
- Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross celebrates Manufacturing Day
- Raymond celebrates Manufacturing Day with more than 250 students
- Aerotek reports top skilled trades opportunities in manufacturing
- NIMS announces new leadership, Manufacturing Day event
- 500 Michigan students to tour 35 manufacturing facilities for Manufacturing Day
- Deloitte: Manufacturing industry suffers image problem, yet critical to U.S. prosperity
- Regal Beloit Corporation to offer Manufacturing Day tour
- 4 ways to inspire the next generation of skilled workers (PDF)
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve productivity in their plants and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Article TopicsAdvanced Technology Services · Aerotek · Automation · Deloitte · Education · Forklifts · International Society of Automation · Lift Trucks · Manufacturing Day · Manufacturing Institute · National Association of Manufacturers · National Institute for Metalworking Skills · Raymond · Regal Power · ·
Gap Inc.: Taking the touches out of fulfillment 11th-annual materials handling professional salary survey View More From this Issue